Thursday 17 June 2010

Abandon Shop...

...This is not a daffodill.



Why can't all computer malfunctions be that much fun?

My laptop broke. And then it was fixed.

And then it broke again:

IDE Disk S/N = SB0211SGGEKSSB
Error Code - 0F00: 075D
Msg: IDE device failed. The self test failed this porton of the test.

IDE Disk S/N = SB0211SGGEKSSB
Error Code - 0F00: 0244
Msg: Block 6430591: Uncorrectable data error or media is write protected.

IDE Disk S/N = SB0211SGGEKSSB
Error Code - 0F00: 1A44
Msg: Block 6430591: Uncorrectable data error or media is write protected.

IDE Disk S/N = SB0211SGGEKSSB
Error Code - 0F00: 1A44
Msg: Block 6430591: Uncorrectable data error or media is write protected.

IDE Disk S/N = SB0211SGGEKSSB
Error Code - 0F00: 1A44
Msg: Block 91855923: Uncorrectable data error or media is write protected.

So that was two error codes in two blocks. I searched online at the library and understood almost nothing of what I found. Apparently my hard drive had bad sectors. Thanks to Dean for his fantastic effort in fixing it again.

2 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

Oh dear me, yes. Sadly computer problems are no fun at all! I hope yours is sorted now.

Dave said...

I hope so too, but I'm no longer optimistic about computers. Back stuff up people, back up.

In fiction, a computer malfunction manifests itself as an unwillingness to "Open the pod bay doors Hal" or Holly counting by banging her head on the screen. In actual fact it will be an unintelligible string of numbers that consigns our hard work to insignificance.